advoxDAO: Stacks 2.1 Upgrade
- Proposal Name: The Stacks 2.1 Upgrade
- Proposal Description: Collaborative alignments on everything to do with the Stacks 2.1 Upgrade. No matter which way you may vote on the 2.1 upgrade, we can still discover consensus positions together & create action items via any necessary SIPs creation, future upgrades etc. This may address any valid voices of concern for or against the breaking changes of the upgrade, the current mechanisms of voting etc.
- Proposal Domain: governance, Stacks protocol, community
Impact, if not solved: Major impact would be potential lost value(s) coming out of collaborative deliberation & dialogue. If the 2.1 upgrade does not pass, we risk stagnation of the desired upgrades of dedicated contributors to the Stacks network. If 2.1 passes we may still have some valid voices of dedicated contributors concerned about long term implications.
- Artifacts & References: SIP-015 2.1 Upgrade Description SIP-018 SIP-020
Quick Clan Design FAQ
Why the Clan Distinctions?
- Autonomy of all generators of value are structurally accounted for in the Clan Design, even ensuring voices of Women & Ecosystems are not drowned out in long term.
How Does it Work?
- We use governance tools from Harvard/Oxford born Metagov research group, we integrate this right right into the official Stacks discord as shown here.
What research is behind this Design?
- This research pointed us to Explicit Autonomy in decision making for Women, regenerative ecosystems as critical in both contexts of Original People Nations & the potential of long term sustainability in OSS of Web. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute & National Center of Scientific Research in Paris
- We work alongside a Traditional (NonTribal & NonBand) Native American Two Row Wampum Council for guidance in bottom up organization.
- These structures gave rise to the modern concepts of representative democracy, decentralized autonomous confederation etc.