- We need advoxDAO Reps ASAP🤍
- This way our bottom up consensus tooling can be executed consistently for important ecosystem issues
- Sign up if you’ve already been Nominated or Selected on a call
- Issue Name: AdvoxDAO Clan Representatives Selection
- Issue Description: We gave time in a community session in the week of 9/19-9/23 for selection of six clan representatives. This selection will then be confirmed via our consensus flows in #active-issues and #formal-issues in following days. We need our reps first, this will ensure the issue consensus completes.
- Artifacts & References: AdvoxDAO Reps Issue working doc
- Current Reps:
Female Turtle - @dez.btc | Male Turtle - @hz.btc(NEW) | Female Wolf - @aakanksha.mahajan(NEW) | Male Wolf - @merrick.btc | Female Bear - @goodkitty.btc | Male Bear - @Algorithm.btc - Xverse wallet**
- We have 3 clans but need to select 6 representatives to ensure our autonomous decision making goals are met. 3 Female Reps 3 Male Reps. Our attempt at ensuring no voices are drowned out over time.
- All clan reps will be temporary but must have basic understanding of our Turtle, Wolf and Bear clan model.
- All Reps must be consistently available for monthly facilitation of active AdvoxDAO issues described below. Sub reps can be chosen by reps for support in facilitation & emergency absence.
- The Clan Reps have different simple actions to be taken in AdvoxDAO discord channels, priority for reps is ensuring we complete our consensus decision making flows while accurately representing community voice.
- Our latest Standard of Procedure is here.
- Clans reps are both selected & removed when needed with our consensus tools described in SoP.
Quick Clan Design FAQ
Why the Clan Distinctions?
- Autonomy of all generators of value are structurally accounted for in the Clan Design, even ensuring voices of Women & Ecosystems are not drowned out in long term.
How Does it Work?
- We use governance tools from Harvard/Oxford born Metagov research group, we integrate this right right into the official Stacks discord as shown here.
What research is behind this Design?
- This research pointed us to Explicit Autonomy in decision making for Women, regenerative ecosystems as critical in both contexts of Original People Nations & the potential of long term sustainability in OSS of Web. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute & National Center of Scientific Research in Paris
- We work alongside a Traditional (NonTribal & NonBand) Native American Two Row Wampum Council for guidance in bottom up organization.
- These structures gave rise to the modern concepts of representative democracy, decentralized autonomous confederation etc.